Noted Past Members
Drop us a line
For a printable membership application click here.
The Plastic Club--Art Club is always interested in acquiring new members. However, there are certain rules and regulations that must be followed in order to comply with the Club Bylaws.
- An applicant must be known by several members, must be proposed by one member and endorsed by two other members who know her or him. A good way of becoming acquainted with members would be to come to opening receptions for exhibitions, or to attend classes and workshops.
- After a prospective member is proposed and endorsed by three members, the application is posted on the bulletin board for 10 days before it can be considered.
- After the application for membership has been made, the applicant must submit three works in his or her field to the Board for consideration. The works must be properly framed and should represent the applicant's best body of work. Usually work done in workshops is not given great value by the Board when considering an applicant for membership.
- When the applicant has been notified that she or he has been accepted, dues must be paid before he or she can be admitted as a member.
- An applicant must be willing to abide fully with all of the rules and regulations of The Plastic Club. Each new member is entitled to a copy of the Bylaws of The Plastic Club.
CLASSES OF MEMBERSHIP IN THE PLASTIC CLUB
- Full Membership: entitled to exhibit in all Plastic Club shows, vote and hold office.
- Associate Membership: A person who is not yet qualified as a full member, or a person who is not an artist, but is interested in the Club.
Associates may exhibit in all shows except the Members' Medal Show.
- Non-Resident Member: a person who lives 50 miles outside of Philadelphia.
The front of The Plastic Club's historic building.
The name sign for the 200 block of Camac Street conveys historical tribute
Interior of the main first floor gallery